NAI is proud to offer TubeSource Tested™, our unique line of pre-owned X-Ray tubes, CT tubes and Image Intensifiers that are performance verified to meet OEM and FDA specifications. TubeSource Tested™ products come complete with a minimum 6 month warranty and cost up to 80% less than OEM list.
WHAT IS IT?
TubeSource Tested™ is a new product offering from North American Imaging like no other. TubeSource Tested products feature pre-owned X-Ray Tubes, CT Tubes and Image Intensifiers. Each product we sell is of superior quality and has a significantly longer warranty than other pre-owned glassware on the market today.
WHY ARE WE DOING IT?
Until today your choices for reliable pre-owned glassware was limited at best. No manufacturer had made the commitment to back their products with testing and warranties to ensure you could have confidence that the glassware would work at the level you’ve come to know and expect. With the NAI brand name standing behind these products you now have a credible source for Tested Glassware.
All TubeSource Tested products have a minimum six month pro-rated warranty. And the first 30 days are offered with a full warranty! No other company today is as confident in their products and willing to stand behind them as we are.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER TUBESOURCE TESTED™?
- ISO’s and Insurance companies who have X-Ray and CT under contract Equipment Refurbishers
- Hospitals that need to keep a room operational for a short period of time or have limited budgets
- Doctors maintaining their own facility
WHAT IS THE TESTING PROCESS – X-RAY AND CT?
- Check stator type and stator resistance
- Perform “Hi-Pot” test – Stator must meet new OEM specs
- Metal insert tubes receive “Spark Gap” test
HEAT EXCHANGER (IF APPLICABLE)
- Cleaned of all lint and other foreign material and debris
- Site Glass viewed to verify flow – must meet OEM specs
- Verify pump bearings are operational and meet OEM specs
- Verify fans are operational and meet OEM specs
- Perform rotor test – decibel level must be at or below 85 decibels
- Check filament alignment
- Check the small and large (medium if tri-focus) filaments for illumination
- Check for any oil leaks
- Any parts causing leaks to be replaced and tube refilled and re-pumped with oil
TEST & CERTIFICATION
- Measure radiation leakage to meet new OEM specs
- Perform fluoro test up to max kvp and to 4mA. Must meet new OEM specs
- Perform rad test up to max kvp, mAs and filament voltages. Must meet new OEM specs
- Final stator re-test
- Sand tube
- Prime tube
- Re-paint to new OEM color specs (unless requested otherwise)
- Apply any applicable new hardware
- Visual inspection before packaging
- Complete QA/AC form and place in package for shipment
TESTING PROCESS – IMAGE INTENSIFIERS?
- Physical inspection of Grid or Collision Sensor
- Power up II
- Inspect for iron spots
- Determine II resolution
- Perform conversion factor test (gain rate or Gx test)
- Remove tested insert from housing
- Prime housing
- Reload insert
- Calibrate power supply (if applicable)
- Complete QA/QC form and place in package for shipment
- Remove lens to inspect for burn-in
- Inspect for artifacts – must meet new OEM specs
- Inspect for shading issues
- Determine II contrast ratio – must meet OEM specs
- Measure brightness uniformity
- Sand housing
- Paint housing to original OEM specs (unless requested otherwise)
- Focus optics
- Final visual inspection